On another note, I am seriously considering moving to the City. Yes that's right, the woman who wore cowboy boots on her wedding day and is hard pressed to find a picture of her from the ages of 8 - 15 without a horse in it. Something tells me I just might like it for a change of scenery. We would be so close to the theater and bars and clubs and great restaurants and anything and everything we could ever need or want save a tree over five years old and a big open field. But I guess that is the trade off. But we can always visit our family on the weekends and get away form the city for a while. Then it might really feel like a weekend. Who knows, just a thought....
Monday, August 31, 2009
Mondays and City Lights
I have come to the conclusion that work really is just work and not this dream career that I just love getting up at 6 am for all dressed in career barbie clothes. At some point I guess even the greatest of careers becomes a job. Don't get me wrong, I really like my job and the people I work with, but it is not exactly what I always dreamt of when I was in college. At some point, mondays become the start to yet another week of traffic, coffee, hectic days and not enough sleep at night and saturdays turn into a chance to get the laundry done and "sleep in" till 8 am! I never thought I would hear the words 8 am and sleep in in the same sentence! Now I am making it sound like I have this boring mundane life with an 8 - 5 and no fun on the weekends but no, that is defiantly not the case either. The whole Saturday being the day to sleep and clean thing is somehow becoming a bonus and, I dare say, a rarity because I am somehow protesting the fact that I am a career woman now by making plans to go out of town or do something fun every weekend. This is a great idea in theory, but unfortunately it makes for some really bad mondays and even worse wednesdays at which point I almost always come home and fall asleep on the couch during an early episode of everybody loves Raymond.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
I have shared my thoughts, a penny for yours?