Saturday, August 1, 2009

Reflections on faith


So I have come to the realization that it is truly not up to me what the future holds and the sooner I can come to grips with that, the sooner I will take that step past exhausted and frustrated and into happy and content with the blessings I have been given. Maybe, just maybe, his plan is better than mine. I thought I wanted to be a teacher, he sent me to architecture school and consequently to Australia. Along the way I met some of the best friends I could ever ask for. I thought I would marry a cowboy and he blessed me beyond my wildest dreams with an amazing man who can count on one hand the amount of times he has been on horseback. I thought I wanted one sister and he blessed me with eight! It truly is amazing what happens when you just let him have the reigns. I just have to remind myself to count unanswered prayers a blessing. More often than not, opportunities are nothing more than possibilities that your life may change in an instant but either road you take will lead you to where you were meant to be. If I just do my best to keep my heart full, my eyes on God and my feet on the ground I will be okay. Maybe I will even live to please him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have shared my thoughts, a penny for yours?