Saturday, August 1, 2009

Some Down TIme


They say everybody needs a little down time, and isn’t that the truth! I have decided that for the most part life is pretty great! God really does work in mysterious ways and I really should stop making plans and expecting them to actually happen because I can almost hear him laughing every time I do. For those of you who don’t know, there was this “dream job” with a big halo around it that I applied for and sailed through four interviews. As it turns out, drum roll please..... I got the silver metal. But I am really trying to look at it as an accomplishment to have gotten that far because there were hundreds of applicants and I got down to the final two. The HR director said to stay in touch because things change fast and another position may open up in the near future. So, as I said, sometimes God just has other plans and well, this time he did. I accepted a job with a small construction company (not nearly as glamourous) and from what I can tell so far I will really learn a lot. We just opened a brand new office in Houston and are going through the initial growing pains attempting to get everything in place. So its been a pretty crazy first three weeks and this is the first time I have been able to just sit and relax and think for quite some time. My thoughts? ....... well, as I see it am not the same person I was even four months ago. Armed with a new name, a few more diamonds on my hand, a wonderful man by my side, a new “career barbie” wardrobe, some business cards and a blackberry I am now ready to face the “real world” and everything that comes with it. So here I go to start another chapter, or is it another volume because it (or I) have a new name? Either way, I know this is the “rising action” part of the story because the only place I can go from here is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have shared my thoughts, a penny for yours?