
I woke up to the sound of my alarm, and for once, didn’t listen to the internal battle of another nine minutes with my head buried in the pillow wishing away the morning sun or trading the snooze button for a hot shower and time to shave. I just jumped out of bed, well lets not get too crazy, I am still very much NOT a morning person so, if I’m being honest, it was more of a roll with a very loud sigh. But I had just come to the very adult realization that I had a lot to get done at the office today and if I didn’t get out of bed at that very moment I would never be able to enjoy my weekend. I sang my way through the hour commute. (there is the remnant of the early 20s road warrior I once was) Upon arriving to the office I lead a meeting with our internet ad rep. and set up our company phone message which brought me to the conclusion that my recorded voice sounds like a little girl trapped in a woman’s body. I couldn’t help but think, is that what I am? I still get excited when I answer the phone the person on the other line actually wants to talk to me. Does this mean I have finally made it into the corporate world? And does this put an end to the nights I lay in bed and think when I grow up....? Fast-forward several hours ... I found myself in the middle of a very fancy restaurant/bar sharing a drink and a healthy snack (that, I might add, didn’t violate my diet) with a sales rep. giving her advice on wedding planning and trying to decide if the place had the right ambiance I was looking for to host our next promotions event. On the way home while talking to my little sister I caught myself mid sentence telling her to be careful and that i didn’t want her to stay out too late and try to drive home tired. (insert oh my God I sound like my Mother moment) Really? Is this happening? Then over dinner at the restaurant where I once worked many tireless hours (most of which I was hung over from partying the night before) I realized that for the first time, possibly ever, I had no desire to get up form the table and start doing side work as if I still worked there and our conversation revolved around trips out of the country and who was going to babysit my friends little girl while she was gone. And now it is not even midnight and my pillow is calling me! So this is what it means to be all grown up.....huh.....well good night.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I have shared my thoughts, a penny for yours?